- Adult-Gerontology NP
- BSN On-campus
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Nurse Educator
- PhD in Nursing
- Psychiatric and Mental Health
- RN to BSN
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Community Nutrition
- MS in Nutrition
- Social Work
- MSW Distance Concentration
- MSW On Campus Concentration
- MSW Distance Foundation
Overview and Objectives
The Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) track prepares advanced practice nurses to meet the needs of clients, communities, agencies, and educational systems as psychiatric and mental health nurse practitioners. Students complete a minimum of 540 hours of clinical nursing and are prepared in three areas of therapeutic modalities (individual, family, and group). Upon completion of the program, students take a national certifying exam preparing them for independent practice in family psychiatric and mental health nursing. The course of study is 57-59 credit hours for the PMHNP track and may be completed on a full-time or part-time basis.
The PMHNP Track objectives build upon the Department of Nursing Masters Degree Program Outcomes by expecting that upon completion the student will be able to:
- Integrate theories, research, and experiential knowledge into advanced psychiatric mental health (PMHNP) nursing practice.
- Demonstrate advanced practice skills in the provision of mental health care for persons across the lifespan consistent with ANA’s Scope and Standards of Practice for the advance practice psychiatric mental health nurse (PMHNP).
- Assume the roles and behaviors of an PMHNP primary care provider using research, leadership/management, and teaching strategies.
- Demonstrate unique roles of an PMHNP while collaborating within an interdisciplinary team.
- Apply ethical reasoning skills and legal standards to PMHNP practice.
- Contribute to the development of psychiatric mental health policy, nursing practice, and the profession
The graduating class will be qualified to sit for American Nurses Credentialing Center Family Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner certification exam.