- Adult-Gerontological NP
- Advanced Public Health Nurse
- Accelerated BSN
- BSN On-campus
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Nurse Educator
- PhD in Nursing
- Psychiatric and Mental Health
- RN to BSN
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Community Nutrition
- MS in Nutrition
- Social Work
- MSW Distance Concentration
- MSW On Campus Concentration
- MSW Distance Foundation
MS Degree in Nutrition with Specialization in Nutrition Education and Counseling
The mission of the MS program is to prepare graduates to provide leadership and solutions for challenging nutrition problems facing individuals and communities in rural settings and beyond.
What You'll Learn
Through the specialization in nutrition and education and counseling online courses and practicum you will learn to:
- Assess nutrition education needs of diverse and at risk groups
- Develop and implement behavior theory approaches while considering unique cultural needs
- Evaluate the effectiveness of nutrition interventions for individuals and groups
- Apply educational theory, research and experiential knowledge in nutrition education and counseling activities.
- Demonstrate advanced professional practice skills in nutrition education and counseling
The overall goal of the graduate program is to enhance the nutrition profession through the development of advanced-level professionals who are able to:
- Integrate research, teaching, practice and service to identify nutrition problems and develop solutions, especially for rural, underserved areas.
- Communicate clearly, accurately and in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking and intellectual awareness of problem-solving and assessment.
- Exhibit professionalism, ethical conduct, cultural competency and leadership skills.