- Adult-Gerontology NP
- BSN On-campus
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Nurse Educator
- PhD in Nursing
- Psychiatric and Mental Health
- RN to BSN
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Community Nutrition
- MS in Nutrition
- Social Work
- MSW Distance Concentration
- MSW On Campus Concentration
- MSW Distance Foundation
32 Credits are required for graduation, with a minimum of the following:
Required Core Courses=16 Credits
Graduate level statistics course (3 cr. minimum)
N&D 541 Biochemical and Physiological Basis of Nutrition: Macro-nutrients (3 cr.)
N&D 542 Biochemical and Physiological Basis of Nutrition: Micro-nutrients (3 cr.)
N&D 550 Nutrition Education and Program Planning (3 cr.)
N&D 591 Seminar in Nutrition (1 cr.)
N&D 594 Research Methods in Nutrition (3 cr.)
Required Courses for the Specialization=16 Credits
NURS 582 Health Policy (2cr.)
N&D 560 Nutrition Counseling (3 cr.)
N&D 596 Nutrition Education and Counseling Practicum (2cr.)
Electives (7 cr.)*
N&D 997 Independent Study (2 cr) or
N&D 998 Thesis (2-4 cr)
* Electives can come from any department that has relevant coursework. Courses must be approved by the student’s academic advisor and be included on the student’s Program of Study before the course is taken.
How Distance Degrees Work
- Interact with instructors and other students in a virtual classroom
- Use Web-conferencing technology to participate in some required “live” Web classes that are held at set times.
- See your instructors’ materials as though you were sitting in a classroom on the UND campus
- Participate in many online class activities from anywhere, at any time.
- As part of N&D 596, Nutrition Education and Counseling Practicum, you are required to spend one week in Grand Forks preparing for the practicum experience.
- Spend time during that week to interact face to face with your instructors and fellow on-line students.
- Learn how to use the latest in technology to record you practicum experiences from you home location.
Local Nutrition Education and Counseling Practicum
Throughout your distance program, you will complete a total of 180 hours of practicum hours through practicum experiences in the field of nutrition education and counseling. Under the guidance of food and nutrition professionals you will:
- Build interviewing, assessment, and education skills
- Bridge theory to practice
- Develop advanced counseling skills working with a diverse population