- Adult-Gerontological NP
- Advanced Public Health Nurse
- Accelerated BSN
- BSN On-campus
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Nurse Educator
- PhD in Nursing
- Psychiatric and Mental Health
- RN to BSN
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Community Nutrition
- MS in Nutrition
- Social Work
- MSW Distance Concentration
- MSW On Campus Concentration
- MSW Distance Foundation
Student Involvement Student Resources
- Student Handbook for the Professional Phase of Dietetics
- Multicultural Scholars into Dietetics Program (MSDP)
- Department Scholarships
Career Opportunities in Nutrition and Dietetics
Consider the opportunities you would have to accomplish this goal as a dietitian or nutritionist.
- Counseling pregnant women on making healthy food choices.
- Teaching parents how to plan nutritious meals and snacks for their growing children.
- Managing school food programs which feed hungry children.
- Educating athletes about nutrition and smart food choices to enhance their performance.
- Planning nutritious and enticing meals for older adults living in nursing homes.
Our graduates work in public health departments and federal, state, and community nutrition programs helping individuals and families make healthy foods choices throughout their lives. They are experts in the art and science of food and nutrition. UND graduates can be found in hospitals and clinics, helping people recover from illness. They are in the food service operations of schools and universities, government agencies, and nursing homes supervising the preparation of nourishing, appealing meals. Others have developed their own businesses or consulting services.
As interest in nutrition has grown, so have the job possibilities for nutrition and dietetics professionals. Dietitians and nutritionists are involved in marketing, sales, communications, and technology. They may work in research programs or teach at colleges and universities. Careers in dietetics and nutrition are limited only by the individual's own imagination, education, innovation, and experience.